What is Cisco SMB Marketplace and why should I use it?
Cisco SMB Marketplace is an online exchange where customers can connect with Cisco Certified Partners to address their business needs. It allows customers to locate partners who can provide business solutions, including products, services, projects and bundled solution offerings. It also provides the customer with capabilities to manage their transactions, projects and account activities on the Cisco SMB Marketplace.
By the same token, Cisco SMB Marketplace allows partners to expand their business by helping them build and market their customized eStores, as well as manage their solutions and offerings to match the customers’ needs.
What do you offer on the Cisco SMB Marketplace?
Cisco SMB Marketplace allows customers and partners to connect and conduct business to address customers’ needs based on products, services, projects and bundled solution offerings. As a customer, you can come to the Cisco SMB Marketplace to find, select and collaborate with a qualified partner(s) who best meet your product, service, product & service bundle needs.
How can I best use the Cisco SMB Marketplace?
To best use the Cisco SMB Marketplace we encourage you to first register and create your account on the Cisco SMB Marketplace As a customer, this will allow you to find partners in your area or region, and select the most suitable Cisco partner(s) who can meet your product, service, product & service bundle requirements.
I am a new user. Why do I need to register on Cisco.com before signing on the Cisco SMB Marketplace?
To better provide you a consistent user experience across all Cisco systems and applications, Cisco SMB Marketplace uses Cisco’s Single-Sign-On technology. This allows you, as a customer or partner, to access all Cisco platforms and systems with one login. Cisco SMB Marketplace's registration procedure involves a few simple steps:
- Registration on Cisco.com
- Email validation
- Sign on the Cisco Business Link Middle East.
I am a Customer. What are the benefits of the Cisco SMB Marketplace for me?
As a Cisco customer, you can benefit from the following on the Cisco SMB Marketplace:
Find and work with skilled Cisco Certified Partners in your area that will solve your business challenges.
- Choose from a wide selection of Cisco Partners with skills to fit your needs.
- Search for partners by city, state, province or region.
- Find partners by name, skills or resale certifications.
Buy Cisco branded products and services from Cisco Certified Partners:
- Easily connect with Cisco Certified Partners and buy authentic Cisco products and services.
- Search for products and services available in your area.
- Browse an extensive product catalog.
Post IT projects for partners to bid on:
- Write and publish IT Project-Work Requests and upload documents for partners to review.
- Let any partner bid on your project or privately invite partners to bid on your project.
- Manage your project from posting to completion using the Cisco SMB Marketplace work flow and collaboration tools.
I am a Partner. What are the benefits of the Cisco SMB Marketplace for me?
As Cisco’s trusted partner, you can benefit from the following on the Cisco SMB Marketplace :
Create a branded eStore with Cisco products, services and solutions:
- Create your own products and services offerings suitable for your certification.
- Manage your company profile and product marketing details.
Search and bid on open IT projects:
- Find qualified customers who are in need of services.
- Tools to respond to bids, upload supporting documents and manage the bidding process.
- Build your contact list and grow your business.
Manage accounts and track transactions:
- Manage accounts and track requests.
- Administer users to help manage business on the Cisco Business Link Middle East.
How can I find a partner who provides products, services or solutions that fit my business needs?
To find the partner(s) that best provide the products, services or solutions that meet your business needs, you can do any of the following:
- Post a project by sharing your project details and requirements on the Cisco SMB Marketplace which will then notify all or selected partners who can bid on your project.
- Search by product/service sub-categories at the left navigation menu on the Cisco SMB Marketplace
- Search by partners and view their eStore, where you will find a list of all the products/services offered by that particular partner.
How can I post a project and is there a process to do this?
A project can refer to any capability that you need which addresses your current challenges or business needs. It can be product/service or solution needs that customers can post on the Cisco SMB Marketplace and find as well as assign the selected, qualified partners to handle the project.
To post a project, simply click on “Post a Project” under Solution on the left navigation menu. You can specify whether your project is ‘public; or whether you would like to invite specific partners to bid on your project. Once you pick the winning bid, Cisco SMB Marketplace then allows you and your selected partner to collaborate with each other and manage the project throughout the entire project life cycle. This includes managing, completing and making payments, as well as giving feedback. This provides clarity for both parties at each stage of the project, making it easier to flag necessary requirements and manage the project effectively.
If the services on my Cisco equipment have expired, how can I use Cisco SMB Marketplace to renew these services?
The best way to find and renew services is to search by service sub-categories on the left navigation menu to identify the matching service to a particular product SKU.You can also go to Find Partners and then contact your Cisco Certified Partner to verify the status of your services, and then renew your services accordingly.
What payment methods does the Marketplace support?
The Cisco SMB Marketplace supports both online and offline payments. Each country Marketplace has its own payment method arrangements.
I am a partner. How can I track the payment?
Payment tracking depends on the payment options available in your country and also the payment method chosen by the customer. With an online payment, your online payment account should provide a record of the payment transaction. With an offline payment, you will need to arrange for an invoice so that the customer can complete the transaction.
How can I ensure this is a secure website that my account and transaction information is protected?